Labyrinth Games and Puzzles (645 Pennsylvania Ave. SE) is co-sponsor of the third annual WashingCon tabletop game convention coming to the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center (300 Reservoir Rd. NW) this Saturday and Sunday, September 9th and 10th.
Over 1,200 game fans of all ages are expected to attend. WashingCon offers hundreds of chances to try face-to-face gaming, from party games to complicated strategy as well as fun games and activities for kids. The convention is a short walk from the heart of historic Georgetown.
The owner of Labyrinth, Kathleen Donahue says, “It’s incredible how many people in D.C. love board games and card games, so we are excited about serving this community with WashingCon 2017.”
WashingCon’s dedication to tabletop games gives a unique opportunity for a growing community to gather, play together, and learn. This year’s expanded convention features:
- Library of over 500 games to borrow and play.
- Tournaments for all levels of gamers, run by professional judges.
- Demonstrations from major game publishers.
- Chance to buy games at special prices.
- Dedicated room for role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons™.
- Door prizes, free games, and giveaways.
- Famous game designers from around the world.
- Panels about games and game design.
- ‘Unpub Protozone,’ a place to view and play upcoming games from local independent designers.
- Costume parades and special Family Zone for kids 3- 12.
All events are free with a WashingCon registration.
Tickets for adults are $40 for both days or $25 for Sunday only. Kids under 12 get both days for $30 or $15 for Sunday only. Kids two years of age and under are free. Tickets can be bought online at http://washingcon.com or at WashingCon the day of the show.
For more information contact Ben Rosset at (202) 669-1782 or email at email@example.com.